Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sparks!

Hello!!! Its been a while! I still here tough, been kinda busy, with my job, my family, friends, my life, yadda yadda... :P

But here I am posting again so not all is lost...

 Someone told me this yesterday,

"You look beautiful today!"
 

and it started me thinking, first like this:

  You just had to tack that “today” on, didn’t you? You had to isolate this day in time, so as to emphasize the fact that I am not usually at this level of aesthetic appeal. I’ll note this on my calendar as the day I looked good, and celebrate its anniversary every year!


Then like this:

It's insulting 'cause how often do you actually hear a "real" compliment?

The kind that has nothing to do with simple and passing things, and that instead is meant not for the now, but for the always? 

Someday I would like to hear,

Not about how I look: wether it's my hair, my eyes, or my smile that please you;
Not about how my efforts to dress and act -accordingly to your definition of beauty and grace- are appreciated;
Not that my taste in music or literature falls well with yours;

But that my soul reaches your soul, my personality amazes your mind, and my laughter touches your heart.

... That, I'll note down and celebrate, for its rarity and its value, not every year, but eveyday.

... I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment