Thursday, February 17, 2011

You're Burning With Happiness We Get It, Now Prove It!


Prove it?
Hum...
Around here we apparently have an entire week off, with no classes, called reading week, which happen to be precisely before we have to deliver our essays.
Coincidence? I don't think so. lol
So I'm off classes, writing my essays and having fun.
A flatmate gave me flowers.
For Valentine's day.
A huge, huge bouquet with red roses, white and pink carnations and lots of green leaves.
I bought a vase and put them there, everytime I look at them, I feel like it's a party.
I told him, no one had ever given me flowers like that before and he was really surprised.
So I told him, "it's because I'm practical", and he said "and flowers die".
I said "exactly".
And then he told me, "But you're greek too"
And I said, "so I am."
Apparently...
Everything around here, is like me, full of contracts.
They work and study like maniacs, but then, right through the middle of the semester, they've a week off, and 4 weeks spring vacation
(which I spoke with my mom and I'm gonna go spend in London) with some friends of her who live there and her.
They dress real proper, and are super polite during day time, then they drink like there will be a draught tomorrow and turn to holigans at night.
They're really concerned about health and enviroment, but eat everything fried and leave the white card boxes where the fried food comes, lying everywhere.
They are what we would call antisocial, they separate themselves from one anothers, it's like they live in their own little world, but they care enought to know things about you which you, yourself don't even know.
They have the oldest, most beautiful University building, but also the newest tallest cinema building of Europe.
(Went there this week, 18 floors. Beautiful, you can see the entire city in a sea of night lights all around you)
They are truly intriguing and fascinating.
Joy,
Sªrª

No comments:

Post a Comment